Ronnie Earl & The Broadcasters deliver some of the most emotional guitar playing – and the deepest grooves – on a new release for Stony Plain. His sixth album for the label is Spread the Love (SPCD-1347), and will be released August 24.
One of the great guitarists in the history of modern blues, Earl prefers to stay home and live a quiet life in the country, surrounded by family and friends. At this point in his career, with world tours behind him, he believes that all you really need is love.
The new CD has 14 instrumental tracks, soaked through with his energy, passion, drive, serious grooves – and the deepest respect for his mentors and affection for his huge extended family, which includes thousands of fans around the world.
Most of the material is written by Earl and his band members: Dave Limina on Hammond B3 and piano, Lorne Entress on drums, and Jim Mouradian on bass, a solid unit for eleven years.
HOW TO REACH STONY PLAIN
- Check the complete Stony Plain website to buy music, unearth the back catalogue, get bio information on our artists, and read past newsletters: www.stonyplainrecords.com
- Send snail-mail to P.O. Box 861, Edmonton, Alberta, T5J 2L8, Canada. We collect it from the post box every single day!
- The phone is (780) 468-6423. And we still have a FAX machine: (780) 465-8941. To e-mail the boss, Holger Petersen
- Caitlin Richards cheerfully copes with mail orders and web enquiries and generally keeps the office organized.
- If you need media information, review or airplay copies, etc., please get in touch with newsletter editor Richard Flohil, or call him at (416) 351-1323.